DIY Duo on a Dime – Whoopie Pies
The DIY Duo on a Dime team includes Gillian from Homes.com and Amber from ForRent.com. They are both avid blog fanatics who want to bring out the creativity in everyone. Their DIYs consist of inexpensive crafts and culinary arts on a dime, which translates to; everyone will be able to afford these ideas. So, go ahead and grab the materials and get to crafting and baking with us!
The first DIY video includes how to make a whoopie pie since it’s guaranteed to be a crowd favorite at upcoming holiday get togethers. What is a whoopie pie you may be thinking? Imagine a yummy desert sandwich, that’s pretty much what this is. Let’s see what the fuss is all about with these and get to baking! All you will need in order to make whoopie pies are:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 1 tub of cream cheese frosting
- 2 muffin pans
- Pam (cooking spray)
The directions are simple and easy. If you want to follow along with us on YouTube go ahead and do so!
- Prepare, mix, and drop into greased muffin pan. Use a toothpick in order to check whether it’s done. Once the toothpick comes out completely clean, take your whoopie pies out of the oven.
- Once cooled, flip the cakes over and smother frosting onto one of the cakes. However much frosting depends on your liking.
- Once completed, push the other cake on top of the frosting and bam, you have a whoopie pie!
Who would have known it would have been easy as this? Since they can be made so fast they’re the perfect desert to make if you’re rushing; and of course, if you just want to savor the deliciousness. Whatever the reason you choose to make these, just make sure to follow us on youtube at diyDuoOnADime .