After work and play, everyone also needs to get in their daily dose of exercise. The end of the day hits, and many might not feel like leaving home. Living in an apartment can pose a couple of challenges if you are trying to burn some calories inside your apartment. Luckily, Homes.com & ForRent.com are here to share exercises perfect for the apartment dweller. These exercises require little space and allow you to keep quiet with neighbors above and below.
- Get Zen with Yoga — Practicing yoga poses is a quiet and relaxing way to wind down and get in some good exercise. Try the poses on your back deck or balcony porch.
- Easy Equipment — Free weights, exercise bands, ankle weights and stability balls are inexpensive equipment that can help you create a mini-gym at home.
- Burn with Bicycle Crunches — Bicycle crunches are one of the most effective abdomen exercises. This floor exercise requires minimal movement and won’t disturb your downstairs neighbors.
- Push it with Plank — Plank is a challenging but rewarding fitness move that provides a full body workout and especially targets your core.
- Classic Moves — Pushups, crunches, squats and floor lunges are all classic fitness moves that will help you tone and tighten in your very own home.
- Active Apartment Dwelling — Make simple lifestyle changes to burn extra calories throughout the day. Even if you have an elevator, take the stairs every time. Vigorously clean your apartment once a week — you can burn about 300 calories per hour of house work.
There you have it; quick and easy exercise tips for living inside your home, whether it’s a house, apartment, townhouse or condo. If you have additional tips to share, please do so below.