Game Day BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
It’s nearly my favorite time of year – fall – and that means football, tailgating, and homegating. While my husband is in it for the sport, I’m always in it for the food and socializing!
If a home-viewing party is in order, I suggest you try serving my BBQ beef sandwiches that are delicious and easy to make using the slow cooker. These are sure to be a half time hit.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef for Sandwiches
- 5 lb. beef bottom round roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (10.5 oz) French onion soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons A-1 sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Onion rolls
- Trim visible fat from roast and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour remaining ingredients over beef, and combine a little using a spoon.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Turn to low and cook for 5 more hours.
- When done, shred beef using 2 forks.
Serve on buns with slaw.
I love recipes like this that can be made for a crowd but take minimal time and effort.
Serve these sandwiches with chips and Calico baked beans for a fantastic meal. You can also serve the BBQ on mini party rolls for a “slider” style option. This is a good idea when you have more food options and more people to feed.
Are you planning your next game day party yet? Go team!