Celebrate Earth Day with an Eco-Friendly Tablescape
With spring in full swing, it’s time to celebrate all things green including Earth Day! Whether you’re hosting a party or simply teaching your kids about Earth Day, enjoy your meals on an eco-friendly table all week.
My favorite tip for eco-friendly entertaining is using natural ingredients from your garden or yard to create style and décor. Avoid expensive centerpieces and opt for making your own with these simple steps:
HOW TO CREATE YOUR ECO-FRIENDLY CENTERPIECE
- Pick your “vessel”. I chose a simple white fluted bowl, but any glass vase or other open container will work perfectly.
- Visit your garden to find any greenery (edible or not). I used my own garden and a few fresh picks from the farmer’s market, including cabbage, artichokes, pears, mini carrots, sweet peas, and other greens.
- Arrange the greens and vegetables down inside your vase or bowl.
- To add a little fun, stick a chalkboard sign down into your arrangement with your favorite saying!
- Not only is the chalkboard sign reusable, but you can enjoy your fresh greens and veggies both as a centerpiece and a meal!
*TIP: Browse your local farmer’s market for other gorgeous colors to decorate with, including eggplants, radishes, etc.
Keep your table simple with a green fabric tablecloth and cute plates! I always recommend a set of white plates that will go with all tablescape designs. You can always top them with a unique plate, like these scalloped pear salad plates.
Favors are a favorite of mine and can double as a simple, green place card. I purchased mini romaine lettuce plants ($4 for 8) and divided them into mini containers. A popsicle stick was the perfect name card stuck down in the mini pot. Add an herb seed packet as another gift and you have the perfect favor for guests.
Incorporate all these ideas or pick your favorite for a fun and festive eco-friendly tablescape for Earth Day!