Make a Banana Split Pie for Your Summer Gathering
Put a spin on one of summer’s favorite desserts – banana split! I love this recipe because it’s (a) easy (b) delicious and (c) so cute! Any excuse to add sprinkles to a dessert is a must in my book. This banana split pie dessert recipe is also very customizable to your family’s favorite flavors. Bring it to a picnic or your next summer party, and you’ll hear rave reviews!
I decided to take all my favorite parts of a banana split and create a pie recipe. I love strawberry topping (I opted for fresh strawberries), hot fudge sauce, ice cream, sliced bananas, and of course – a cherry on top!
To customize this recipe, swap out the vanilla ice cream for your favorite flavor or add in an extra layer of strawberry or chocolate ice cream for a double-decker banana split pie! No matter what flavors you use, it’s sure to be a summer hit!
Banana Split Pie
- 1 refrigerated (or prepared) pie crust
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 container whipped topping, refrigerated
- Maraschino cherry + sprinkles – for garnish!
- Prepare pie crust according to instructions, in your pie pan.
- Once pie crust is fully cooled, layer on hot fudge sauce. Use a spoon to spread it around until bottom of pie crust is fully covered.
- Spread on vanilla ice cream and layer on bananas and strawberries.
- Top with whipped topping. Garnish with cherries, sprinkles, and extra sliced fruit!
Tip: Freeze pie for at least 4 hours before serving so it is easier to slice.