Cleaning might not be your favorite activity, but Homes.com DIY Expert Dusty Rogers has a great solution for keeping your products green and all-natural: make your own cleaning supplies! Homemade cleaners are not expensive or time-consuming, but they still work well! And you can feel great about their low environmental impact and all-natural elements.
Follow these simple steps to make your own homemade cleaners!
Reusable Disinfectant Wipes
- Qt Jar
- Old t-shirts (cut into rag sizes)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 12 drops of essential oils (choose the fragrant combination you prefer)
- tea tree oil
- lemon oil
- thieves blend
- Place t-shirt rags in jar.
- Combine water, vinegar, and oil.
- Pour the mixture in the jar over the t-shirt rags.
- Close lid, and shake. (It may take a few minutes for the rags to absorb the cleaning mixture)
The rags are now ready for use whenever you need them! Once you’re done with a wipe, throw it in the laundry, and you can reuse your rags in the next batch of cleaner.
- Jar with lid
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 2 tbsp Castile soap
- Mix together. It creates a light, fluffy texture.
- Put the lid on the jar, and use when you need to clean your sink, shower, tub, and bathroom tile.
- It cleans and deodorizing without the harsh chemicals of many common bathroom cleaning products.